DACHVERBAND WISSENSCHAFTLICHER GESELLSCHAFTEN DER AGRAR-, FORST-, ERNÄHRUNGS-, VETERINÄR- UND UMWELTFORSCHUNG E.V.
The Federation of Scientific Societies for Agriculture, Forestry, Food, Veterinary and Environmental Research is the umbrella association of 30 scientific organizations in Germany, which are committed with research in the sectors of Agriculture, Forestry, Foodstuff, Veterinary and Environment.
It was founded in 1973 as the prosecution of the former Council for Research “Forschungsrat”.
The main aims of the DAF e.V. are promotion of activities, dissemination of agricultural knowledge and competences, scientific policy consultancy, promotion of opinion-forming by issuing scientific articles, establishing contacts with neighboring disciplines and international organizations.
Its activities consist of:
- organization of interdisciplinary conferences/workshops and experts’ for a on outstanding current issues;
- accomplishment of research projects with an interdisciplinary approach;
- elaboration of scientific stand-taking;
- dissemination of work information of member organizations;
The DAF e.V. main topics are the following:
- implications of the agrarian and forestry sectors on environmental issues;
- agriculture and protection of superficial waters;
- foodstuff quality;
- new resources of plant genetics;
- maintenance of the agrarian landscape;
- promotion of research on renewing raw materials, wood, starch, alcohol;
- biogas biotechnology of plants;
- organization and financing structure of agricultural research;
- issues and reforms of agricultural research policy;
The DAF e.V. publications consist of:
- thematic research reports;
- circular letters.
The DAF e.V. international relationships consist of exchange of experience with international research associations and governmental administration; all member societies have their own international relationships in their special and scientific fields.